|resources:||Home Mailing List Installation Source Code TODO Suggestions Screenshots Bugs|
Install version 0.9 of LiveHTTPHeaders now
or (download it)
Note: you must install v0.9 GLOBALLY if you already have v0.8 or less installed!
LiveHTTPHeaders is now compatible Firefox 1.0 RC 1. You must permit installation from mozdev.org (Edit->Preferences->Web Features->Software Installation->Allowed Sites->Add mozdev.org)
Install version 0.2 of LiveHTTPHeaders now (disabled, don't work well)
Note: this has only be tested on the following Mozilla version:
It seems to work on the following:
- Netscape 7.02
- Mozilla 1.4b on Mac OS X
- Mozilla 1.3 on Windows
- Mozilla 1.4 on Windows
- Mozilla 1.5a, 1.5b on Windows
- Phoenix 0.5, 0.6, 0.61 on Windows
- Netscape 7.1 on Mac OS 10.3.4
Some tips if you have problems installing LiveHTTPHeaders
- First, you need to check the 'enable software installation' setting under advanced preferences-Software installation.
- Second, on unix like systems (GNU-Linux, Unix, Mac OS-X, BSD, etc), install it as root. On windows system, install it as Administrator.
- Third, if you can't install as root or Administrator, you need to install it with a user that have write permissions on the mozilla/chrome directory and subdirectory. Starting with version 0.5 of livehttpheaders, you also need to have write permissions on the mozilla/components directory.
- Forth, if this isn't possible, you can install your own copy of mozilla in a separate directory from the system one (in your home directory for exemple). You should have all the needed permissions to install LiveHTTPHeaders. (Write permission to mozilla/chrome and to mozilla/components).
- Fifth, you can try to download it from http://downloads.mozdev.org/livehttpheaders/ (don't forget to press shift while clicking on the livehttpheaders.xpi file) and try to install it after by opening it with Mozilla (File menu -> Open File)
If you want to install it from source, you will need to make the following directory mozilla/chrome/livehttpheaders and follow these steps
- content will go under mozilla/chrome/livehttpheaders/content
- skin will go under mozilla/chrome/livehttpheaders/skin
- locale will go under mozilla/chrome/livehttpheaders/locale
- copy the file content/nsHeaderinfo.js to mozilla/components/
- add the content of the file 'installed-chrome.cat' to the file mozilla/chrome/installed-chrome.txt
- remove the file mozilla/components/compreg.dat
- it may also be necessary to remove the file mozilla/components/xpti.dat
If you need to remove it, you will need to edit these three files and remove the lines containing 'livehttpheaders' if present:
What is new in version 0.17 (install)
- Updated version metadata to indicate compatibility with Firefox 4.0 and Seamonkey 2.1
- Updated component registration code to make PageInfo working with Firefox 4.0
- Fix a bug with transparent popup windows in Firefox 4.0 (thanks to Lolilolicon)
- Added LiveHTTPHeaders to the Seamonkey tools menu
What is new in version 0.16 (install)
- Updated version metadata to indicate compatibility with Firefox 3.6 and Seamonkey 2.0
- Bug #22167 fixed: Better quality logo for the About tab (thanks to Stanimir Stamenkov)
- Bug #21096 (#21016, #21106, #21778, #21810, #22172) fixed: Strange Japanese symbols at the end of each string (thanks to Lionello Lunesu and Philip Chee)
- Bug #13267 fixed: Explicit Proxy request headers are incorrectly displayed in Firefox
- Bug #21885 fixed: SeaMonkey 2.0 Error message "Incompatible Extension"
- Bug #15696 fixed: The Headers tab in the pageInfo window only works intermittently (thanks to Philip Chee)
- Bug #19262 fixed: LiveHttpHeaders causes HTML form uploaded files to be locked (write protected) in Firefox 3.0 (thanks to Boris Zbarsky)
- Bug #21205 fixed: Various bug fixes and optimizations for SeaMonkey (thanks to Philip Chee)
- Bug #21795 fixed: HTTP minor version replaced by "x" in response headers
- Bug #22366 fixed: Make livehttpheaders Firefox 3.6 Compatible
- Bug #22294 fixed: No Headers info in the "View page info" dialog
- Bug #21922 (#20809, #19145, #22099) fixed: Various CSS styles and color fixes
- Bug #13095 fixed: The back button will not work with POST method
- Global namespace pollution fixed
What is new in version 0.15 (install)
- Bug #15826 (#15378) fixed: Content-Type header duplicated during POST replay
- Fixed a problem with PageInfo and SeaMonkey 2.0 alpha
- Updated version metadata to indicate compatability with Firefox 3.5
What is new in version 0.14 (install)
- Bug #15235 (#15378) fixed: compatibility problems with Firefox 3.0
- Bug #18805 fixed: favicon and bad window size
- Bug #16446 fixed: new shortcut key for sidebar: Ctrl+Shift-L instead of Alt-L
- Bug #19091 fixed: caused a small style problem in Seamonky Bookmarks manager
- Bug #16429 fixed: added a new LiveHTTPHeaders toolbar button
- There is a new hungarian translation (thanks to Balogh Tibor).
- There is a new Japanese translation (thanks to Takanori Matsuura).
- Special thanks to Babelzilla's people for lots of translation. Please annonce yourself so I can add you to the contributor list!
What is new in version 0.13.1 (install)
- Forgot to bump the version number in a few places :( (thanks to Bill Trautman)
What is new in version 0.13 (install)
- Bug #15235 (#15378) fixed: compatability problems with Firefox 2.0
What is new in version 0.12 (install)
- New Czech localization (thanks to Michal Kec and Pavel Franc)
- Bug #12890 fixed: Extension logo missing for Firefox (thanks to Christopher Cook)
- Bug #12475: LiveWindow should be closable via keyboard (thanks to Wladimir Palant)
- Bug #12304 (#8997, #11184): Error: Components is not defined (thanks to Wladimir Palant)
- Bug #12034: When a zero byte file is uploaded,liveheaders fails to capture the headers (thanks to Wladimir Palant)
- Bug #11502: Incompatible with Firefox 1.5 Beta 2
- Bug #11390 (#11463, #11989, #12038, #12458):Headers tab in Page Info does not work (thanks to Nikolas Coukouma, Nils Maier, Wladimir Palant)
- Bug #11219: Problems with Tab Mix Plus 2.4.x (thanks to Alex Pleiner)
- Bug #9467: request: auto-set content length on POST var change
- Bug #9086: Colour problems. (thanks to Wladimir Palant)
- Bug #8998: Live HTTP Headers does not respect tabbed browsing setting (thanks to Joshua Hewitt and Mook)
- Bug #6401: Replay does not work with POST (data) (thanks to Wladimir Palant)
What is new in version 0.11 (install)
- LiveHTTPHeaders should now work with FireFox 1.5.
What is new in version 0.10 (install)
- Bug #7769 and #7876 are now fixed. LiveHTTPHeaders should work with both FireFox 1.0 PR and the FireFox 1.0 release.
- Bug #6665: Bad extension name in firefox should now be fixed. The name was standarized to Live HTTP Headers instead of a mix of LiveHTTPHeaders and Live HTTP Headers.
- Bug #7096: Page Info dtd file not in UTF-8 should now be fixed. Thanks to Manuel Garcia.
- Bug #7374: Post with file upload not working is now fixed.
- Bug #7712: Headers tab is empty when using keyboard navigation is now fixed.
- Fixed a problem with the horizontals scrollbars on Mozilla 1.8+ in the PageInfo tab.
- Bug #7355 should be fixed. This should help installing correctly in Mozilla. Thanks to Todd Knarr for pointing out this problem.
- Bug #7792 should be fixed too. It seems to be related to the above one (#7355).
- Bug #6401 should be fixed. Need to have more testing. There is still some problems about 'cache coherence' and replay (if headers sent doesn't match cache states, this can cause strange results). So, play with your cache setting if you have problems.
- It is now possible to specify the header when replying URLs. And It's no more needed to click on a URL line, you can click in the request/response area to get the Replay button.
What is new in version 0.9 (install)
- Now compatible with Firefox Preview Release. Thanks to Martijn Otto, Pete and others that talked about how to fix it.
- There is now an option to add LiveHTTPHeaders to Mozilla's sidebar. See the 'Add to sidebar' button in the config tab of the Live windows. (it is automatically available for Firefox, no need to click on the button). (thanks to Grégoire Lejeune for his sample code)
- You can install it in your own profile. This close bug #5788. There is two drawback however:
- You should only install it system wide or in profiles. Don't mix both!!!
- If you install it in profiles, the PageInfo Headers tab will not work (it needs a component that must be in Mozilla/components). You can still copy this component manually if needed (help about this procedure is available on the PageInfo Headers tab itself).
- It is now compatible with Firefox 0.9 extension manager.
- There is a new German translation (thanks to Richard Marti and also to Sven Anders).
- There is a new Spanish translation (thanks to Bernardo A. de la Ossa Pérez).
- There is a new 'Generator' tab in the Live window to be able to save headers in a format useful for scripts and performance test (thanks to Stephan Trcek).
- You can now exclude some urls with regexp (thanks to Nathan Fain)
- The bug 5827 and #5991 is now corrected. LiveHTTPHeaders now works well with Firefox 0.8.
- The bug 6629 is now corrected. LiveHTTPHeaders now works well (as an extension) with Firefox 0.9+.
What is new in version 0.8 (install)
- The bug #4983 is now corrected. LiveHTTPHeaders now works with latest Firefox nightly build.
- Now, has simple URL filter (thanks to Wojtek Meler).
What is new in version 0.7 (install)
- A new style sheet is now available (disabled by default). Thans to Mathieu Hautot. Try it and send comments. You can enable it in the configuration tab.
It seems that there is some case where the style use 100% CPU. If you can point out what is wrong, tell me!
- LiveHTTPHeaders now have a new logo and icons. Thanks to Mathieu Hautot.
- It is now possible to open LiveHTTPHeaders in tab. You can change this behavior in the config tab of the live window (Tools -> Web Development -> LiveHTTPHeaders).
- LiveHTTPHeaders is now able to display the correct request and response version with build newer than Mozilla 1.5 beta. See the bug #201625 for more information. Thanks to Daniel Brooks for this help on this.
- The bug #4279 is now corrected. This was due to a bad interpretation of a parameter to the treeBoxObject. Thanks to Macarie Neculai for a patch.
- The bug #4405 is now corrected. LiveHTTPHeaders will now close all POST data when they are no more needed. Thanks to Ere Maijala for pointing this out.
- The bug #4549 and #4727 is now corrected. This bug affects all nightly build after September 15, 2003. This is due to the removal of the nsIHttpNotify and nsINetModuleMgr interfaces in these new builds. Thanks to Mandeep Singh for a patch.
- The bug #4664 is now corrected. Thanks to Scott Heavner for pointing this out.
- Buttons on the live window are now activated/disabled on context.
- LiveHTTPHeaders will now detect if its component is registered correctly and will display some help on how to force the registration by Mozilla/Firefox. (Bug #4667)
- The typos errors in the licence text is now fixed. (Bug #4719).
What is new in version 0.6 (install)
- Horizontal scrolling added to the LiveHttpHeaders window and to the PageInfo Headers tab. (bug 3784, can't view very long cookies)
- New about tab added to the LiveHTTPHeaders window. (bug 3879, provide an about button)
- The bug 3781 (Mozilla/Phoenix crash when both LiveHTTPHeaders and Tabbrowser are installed) is now gone. The side effect is that the 'LiveHTTPHeaders' will now be at the bottom of the Tools menu.
What is new in version 0.5 (install)
- Added a 'Clean' button on the LiveHTTPHeaders windows.
- Added a 'Save...' button on the Headers Page Info.
- Try to bypass the cache when replying an header.
- Some correction to the extension for Phoenix (thanks to Christopher Cook)
- Some correction to French locale (thanks to François Constantineau)
- This version now implements the PageInfo headers retrieval in a 'components' which save headers info directly in the DOMWindow object. This has some side effects:
- This save memory as there is no more need for a global 'hash' table to keep headers for later retrieval.
- This correct the bug #3583 (Bugzilla search results/redirects die after reeated use) as there is now only one listener.
- Tabs now always have the good headers set in the PageInfo display.
- Request headers may not be good if the page is from the cache. This is because request headers aren't keep on the cache but regenerated when needed. (Response headers are kept on the cache and are always good)
- The LiveHTTPHeaders window is now global (only one can be opened)
- Check for \n in headers and split headers on multiple lines (some headers like 'Set-Cookie' can be sent multiple times by the remote server). Try to detect this and show them in the correct way.
- Corrected the update of the 'Content-length' display when replaying an URL.
- Some code cleanup in the PageInfo display and the new nsHeaderInfo component.
What is new in version 0.4 (install)
- Auto-scrolling added. Function automatically if you are at the bottom and will be deactivated if you use the scroll bar. To re-enable it, scroll to the bottom.
- Context menu added to the Live HTTP headers window.
- Ability to save headers to file in the Live HTTP headers window.
- Diplay the version of request instead of HTTP/1.x (still missing response version).
- Now supporting Phoenix 0.5 browser.
- Added 'beta' version of replaying window. This window permit to change headers sent to server and retry the URL. There seem to be some time when 'GET' URL aren't replayed at all.
What is new in version 0.3 (install)
- Error in French locale corrected (should work this time) (need to use UTF-8 instead of HTML encoding)
What is new in version 0.2
- POST Content and headers is now shown
- Error in French locale corrected (need to use UTF-8 instead of HTML encoding) (thanks to Paul Lacourse)
What is new in version 0.1 (install)
- This is the first version...
Total downloads since june 17, 2003: